Thursday, August 8, 2013

It's Time For a Change in San Antone

  Since yours truly became a season ticket holder in 2007, the Rampage have had the same "goal song". In the last 2 seasons, a bit of a grassroots movement has picked up steam on Twitter begging the team to get a new song. I have heard several people say that they don't even know what the current song is. I guess that can be taken a couple of ways.

1) No matter what the song is, there is a group of fans who won't know what it is
2) The song is so bad, unoriginal, and outdated, people choose to block it out

For this blog's sake, I'm going to stick with option 2.



Before we get started, let me explain why this is an issue for me. Some may think it's just because the song is boring and unoriginal. Those people would be correct, but its not the only reason. I want the Rampage to be distinct. I want first time fans to come to the arena and, when that goal horn is sounded and the people rise to their feet, they think, "Wow! I could get into this!". I want visiting fans to absolutely dread the moment a Rampage goal is scored and 7,000 people are chanting the same thing. Kind of like how I feel in Cedar Park when "Bro Hymn" plays. And believe me, I have heard that song more times than I like to admit.

So, with the help of fellow Rampage fan and local radio personality JP Williams (check out his show on ESPN 1250, Saturdays from 9-11am), I have come up with options for you, the reader, and fan, to choose from. Once I get a solid pick from the masses, I will personally take it to the team for implementation. Or more likely, they tell me I'm not allowed in the building during business hours and call security.

Option 1: Clutch--Electric Worry (FF to :56)




Option 2: Titus Andronicus - A More Perfect Union (FF to 3:38)




Option 3: Keep "Crowd Chant" by Joe Satriani (FF to :24)



Please vote in the comments or on Twitter (@RampageNate). I'm not promising anything happens, but it's a fun little time waster for August.

Look for an interview with Rampage forward Greg Rallo coming this weekend. Lots of good information from one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure of talking to. 

12 comments:

  1. 2 reminds me of CP. I like 1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard number 3 before at the games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Electric Worry would be FANTASTIC

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2. Also, I feel like I should have written up the plan to get it changed before I left instead of just "whatever- Imma GTFO!". I was thisclose to having it out there on social media when I just got completely burned out on my last week there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure, with your connections, you can still help us out, Liz.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Option 1 is my favorite. Can we also trade in that goofy fist pump thing for something a little less robotic-looking?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Personally would prefer #2, but I don't dislike Crowd Chant much at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like ELECTRIC WORRY! Best out of the three.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone on the FB page suggested a band and they sound pretty good. I guess they're from SA too. Hard luck heroes is their name. Here's one that i liked...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9QxP1q8J7o

    ReplyDelete

    ReplyDelete